Sunday, April 10, 2011

Shake n' Bake Cordon Bleu


This is one of Mikey's favorites, so I had to post it. Shake n' Bake is something I remember my mom using on pork chops when I was growing up, but it wasn't until I started cooking for Michael that I brought it back. One night, he was cravin' a Chicken Cordon Bleu and we happened to have enough ingredients at home to make it ourselves. After I had stuffed the chicken, I realized we didn't have bread crumbs, but we did have Shake n' Bake. What a great opportunity to bring something so classically American (Shake n' Bake) into something French- inspired. This is an easy and satisfying recipe that everyone is sure to love.

Start by butterflying chicken breasts and then pounding them out to about 1/4 inch thick. I use the bottom of a frying pan. One pouch of Shake n' Bake should make enough for four breasts. Across the length of the chicken breast, lay down a slice of ham and slices of Monterey Jack or Provolone cheese. Roll up the chicken and secure with tooth picks or cooking twine. Empty the pouch of Shake n' Bake into a shallow dish and roll the Cordon Bleu's in the Shake n' Bake crumbs until they are nicely coated. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment